I will reiterate here that most movies cost so much because most major studios
make a nice chunk of their money by supplying services to the movie makers such
as craft services at a considerable mark-up.
People tend to forget that by the time a movie wraps everybody has already been
paid - including the studio.  This may sound crazy but movie studios make money
making movies. Disney used to run this scam with upper middle class investors
such as doctors and dentists who wanted to invest in something glittery like
the movie business. These investor groups pumped millions into several
successful movies but, after Disney collected all their fees, never saw a dime
of profit.

~(no)rave!