The Kids in our theatre loved it too.  But he said he was going to mail him the
dvd.  If I was going to introduce him to Miyazaki by DVD and not be watching it
with him, I would use one of the others like Princess Mononoke.  Once he was
indoctrinated, I think his mind would be open to a sweet story like Ponyo on DVD

From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scifino...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Keith Johnson
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:58 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Ponyo (Hayao Miyazaki} RE: [RE][scifinoir2] Something has gone
wrong with "Where the Wild Things Are"

I took my wife to see it today. you know I'm always in the theatre when a
Miyazaki film debuts! It's definitely more of a sweet film, aimed at younger
kids. But that being said, I'd still take a young boy to see it, if for nothing
else, to let him appreciate true animation (not the computer generated stuff),
and to appreciate a nicely told story. There were lots of men in the theatre
where we saw it. Those not with children, like me, were with their wives.
A really sweet movie, we both loved it, especially the beautiful Ponya (in both
forms), and her sisters. There eyes were so full of joy and love and laughter.
And amazing that, at almost two hours, it didn't bore the kids in my
theatre--and there were a lot of them!