To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: brotherfromhow...@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:40:24 -0700
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] From the "Please let them be wrong!" Category

                  Throw  Rush Hour in the pile also
--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Martin Baxter <truthseeker...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Martin Baxter <truthseeker...@hotmail.com>
To: "SciFiNoir2" <scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 8:37 AM

Deity, why hast thou forsaken us?

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=fQUxw9aUVik

To: scifino...@yahoogro ups.com
From: KeithBJohnson@ comcast.net
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 03:45:35 +0000

You have got to be kidding! I almost walked out of the second "Bad Boys", so
bad it was with crappy writing, unfunny jokes, over-the-top- but-unmoving noise
and explosions. I thought it was the ultimate exercise in bad Hollywood movie
making: a film that was louder, more violent, more full of car stuff,
more--more-- than anything out at the time. Instead it just made me feel
numbed. The worst mix of Smith and Lawrence telling lame jokes (I was offended
at the comments made at female corpses' breast), Bay at his directing worse.
Even managed to waste Gabriel Union (her chase scene in that van actually had
me and my wife laughing).

And we're recently talking about the fear that Hollywood will go even further
down the path of abandoning high concept films, good dramas, and original
properties in favor of endless sequels, comic-to-movie adaptations, and low
budget, high profit
 comedies and horror flicks.  We hear that only the likes of Smith will
continue to get big salaries. I was even watching Leonardo Di Caprio on Charlie
Rose recently saying how it was getting harder to make a good drama unless it
had a lot of action and appealed to key demographics.

This is a key example of that unfortunate trend.

I will *not* be in the seats for this one, if the rumours prove to be true.

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* **
http://www.hollywoo dreporter. com/hr/content_ display/news/ e3if39271c89709c
28eceb20163c74fc 6f4

'Bad Boys 3' in the works
Peter Craig will write the screenplay
By Borys Kit

Aug 30, 2009, 11:00 PM ET

Columbia Pictures is developing a third installment of the high-octane "Bad
Boys" franchise, tapping Peter Craig to pen the screenplay.

The hope is to have a script that would reunite director Michael Bay, producer
Jerry Bruckheimer and stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. At this point, with
the project in the early stages, none has a deal to return.

The "Boys" movies feature Smith and Lawrence as Miami detectives Mike Lowrey
and Marcus Burnett, caught up in cases involving car chases and explosions.

The first "Boys," released in 1995, helped launch Bay as a director and Smith
as an action star even though it was not a fire-stamped blockbuster -- it
grossed $66 million domestically and $141 million worldwide.

The sequel, released in 2003 when Bay and Smith's stars had risen, grossed $138
million domestically and $273 million worldwide.

All parties have expressed a willingness to return
 if a story can be hammered out. One potential hurdle, however, would be the
costly deals with the players.

Craig, repped by CAA and Management 360, co-wrote "The Town," which Ben Affleck
is directing for Warner Bros. and which shoots in Boston next month. He is
adapting anime "Cowboy Bebop" for 20th Century Fox and Keanu Reeves.