From: "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:24:41 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Halle Berry (Halle Berry) (was: Megan Fox's Scary Box
Office Problem)

Actually, I mentioned that I liked her in her early comedies. I mean I was a
fan. I liked her in executive decision. I'm probably the only one here who
liked her as Jinx in Bond. I was hoping she would get the spin off. When I was
modeling she was in a horrible sitcom called Living Dolls, it was about
modeling and I loved her. For me, her strength is in comedies and action and
adventure, but she wants to be a serious actress, so I guess she avoids them.

I still like her, but now it is not really based on any work she has done. I
said that I thought that she is not without talent, she has proven that, over
and over, but I do not walk away moved.

I wanted her as Catwoman, but the movie sucked. That is not her fault, but it
does not do her any favors. I thought she was okay in Perfect Stranger,
Gothika, and Swordfish, but nothing stands out. In her defense, none of those
movies are stand out movies. I have not critiqued her talent, but as an early
fan I have been underwhelmed lately. I need to see her in Things we lost in the
Fire". I did not watch it when it came out because at the time, I really
thought there was still a good chance I would die from my illness, so I only
watched escapist movies. She is getting past the age, but I wish she had
pursued more comedies and action flicks during her 20's and 30's. On the other
hand had she done so, she might not be the most famous Black actress in
Hollywood.

By the way, there is another famous actress, I used to have a similar response
to who did some great serious work, but is white. Meryl Streep. Her early work
was good. Her performances were flawless. She won Oscars, but for some reason
she did not really evoke much emotion from me. Now,I love her. I loved her in
Doubt and The Devil Wears Prada

Go figure....