Some of the virus creators do target pcs because of that. Others are more of
a political statement because they are anti-american. It is very interesting
that a large amount of the viruses come from our so-called friends like
Isreal, Germany, the UK, Mexico and Brazil. Then you have a percentage that
are just doing it because its fun and it is spring break at school. The rest
are doing it because they are just trying to rip you off. (Russia, China,
Taiwan, Africa, probably the Taliban too.)

The way macs are setup it is a little harder to create a virus for it that
will run. So the way windows is setup there are literally thousands of open
doors. (all of the ports are left open by default. Which is stupid. 25000
ports. The internet only uses 2. 80 and 443. Some games use higher numbers.)
PCs have a huge amount of holes in the operating system such as active x,
that allow a web programmer to plant a virus, install it on your system just
by having you go to a website. On and on.

 I have seen virus creation programs that run with a small menu. You can
create a custom set of viruses, trojans and other goodies and it will
package them up for you.

--
Bringing diversity to perversity for over 9 years!