I think that V could have gone into a much darker direction than it did
originally. When it was originally airing I enjoyed the Nazi overtones that
was in the original show, as well as the rebellion. They could re-tell the
series and put more emphasis on the intrigue and social problems that could
arise from an alien visit. Nor did we hear much of the political intrigue
that could happen as well. Here are some topics that they could cover: human
trafficking, cannibalism, backroom deals, alien worshipers and more. But I
doubt that they would cover any of that.

By the way, wasn't NBC the ones that aired the series originally?