I hear you, Jeff. That was my entire high school experience. The only days I
went there without a book in my back pocket were my first and last ones.

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: mbsj...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:21:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Amazon sells more eBooks than actual books

      I don't think I could ever lose the comfort of having a bent and beaten
paperback nestled in my back pocket.

Jeff

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
wrote:

I think that's inevitable for industrialized, high-tech parts of the world. I
know an ever-increasing number of adults
and kids who barelyread any books, electronic or paperback. but what they do
read is a lot of web stuff, play a lot of video games, and fiddle around with
iPods, cell phones, etc. Such people are positioned to respond more to devices
like the Kindle.

I like the Kindle and plan to own one some day. but no electronics will ever
replace the real things for me. There's something great about the tactile
feeling of turning the pages of a magazine or book. And it's also nice to not
have to worry about power supplies, damage to electronics, etc.