There was some talk about doing a large program here but it will probably
end up further out from here. However there is a solar training program here
where they teach low income folks to become solar panel installers. In San
Francisco they have been increasing the number of rooftop solar panels via a
government program. (the money is running out)

I think that they could do a larger windmill farm here near the beach. In
some areas the wind rarely stops blowing. There's about 2 miles of land that
is undeveloped that was used during WW2 that would be a perfect wind farm.