To be successful, any "new" gadget has to be more than what it is.  For
instance, I love my Garvin GPS but unless Garvin can make it do something
believes globally navigate the stand-alone GPS is going the way of the
dinosaur.

Apple understands this better than anyone.  The iPad would just be a big ass
phone if not for its electronic book store, putting the iPad in competition
with Amazon.com Inc.'s Kindle and other e-book readers.

A Kindle that also surfs the web?  Now, that is a lovely invention - one that
makes the brand new Kindle instantly obsolete.

~rave!