It doesn't match the "sprayfu" of the Japanese samurai movies from the early
70s. Almost too neat.

The people that decolorized it are copying Hitchcock. The shower scene from
Psycho freaked out a lot of people even though you didn't see the knife
penetrate or the color of blood. People's minds filled in the rest.