The Box in Primer is just a big DVR.  You turn it on and it records time, in
real time, but you can only go back to a time that was "recorded" while the box
was on.  If you turn on the Box at noon and come back at 6 pm, you can get into
the box and go back in time to noon but it will take you 6 hours (midnight) to
get there (noon).

Reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit about time travel.  This guy
invents a time machine that only takes you forward in time.  You get in it and
you wake up eight hours in the future.

It is called a bed.

~rave!