The funny thing to me is that they took actual footage from star wars and
used it in their film. The other material they actually shot a movie but
they used other people's materials. I'm watching Turkish star trek right now
and they actually had a black woman play Uruha! :)

I think that if they could have done an entire series if they had licensed
it. Instead of Kirk they could have had Capt. Subat.

There are a few movies where the character would be considered a "Shaft"
like character. Shaft is a archetype character that is world wide. The big
difference is that I don't think that they would have had a woman like Coffy
there. Too controversial against Muslim culture.