I was thinking that too. Most of the population died in three days so all of
animals are still there unless they were infected as well. There was a scene
where the boy saw a dead sheep in the water where they were living, but
nothing came from it.

Also in another episode they came across a small family that lived at a
farm/ chocolate company. The father had killed all of the animals in fear of
them being infected.

I still don't know why they aren't wearing masks when they go into places.
That is just stupid. In the last episode someone set fire to the local
hospital. Stupid.

The show is a frustrating train wreck, but it may be that because we are
looking at it from a less rigid American point of view. We tend to think a
little more self resilience rather than the passive brits.