And scavenge generators and fuel, solar panels and camping type appliances that
can run on dc power in order to preserve their fresh food for as long as
possible.

The water thing is stupid. Carbon is readily available and they can boil the
filtered water or set up a small still to further purify the water. Where were
their water barrels, cisterns, etc.? Greg was shown to competent but you can't
tell.

Martin,
So far the animals seem ok but I can appreciate your concern.