Fox has cut his segment from the show, but I thought that it was an
interesting story.

LL Cool J Challenges Fox News on Promotion of Palin Show By DAVE
ITZKOFF<http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/author/dave-itzkoff/>
[image: LL Cool J]
[image: Sarah Palin]

*Update:* Fox News
said<http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/fox-news-will-cut-ll-cool-j-interview-from-palin-show/>it
would cut an interview with LL Cool J from the debut episode of “Real
American Stories.”

If the lineup and promotion for the inaugural episode of “Real American
Stories,” a new Fox News Channel series to be hosted by Sarah
Palin<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/p/sarah_palin/index.html>,
caught you by surprise, you’re not the only one. On his Twitter
account<http://twitter.com/llcoolj>on Tuesday night, LL
Cool
J<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/l/ll_cool_j/index.html>,
who was announced as one of the guests for the show, wrote that Fox was
misrepresenting him.

“Real American Stories” is scheduled to have its premiere on Fox News
Channel on Thursday night. On its Web site <http://www.foxnews.com/>, Fox
News said the show would profile people who have “given back, given all and
never given up.” Among the guests that Fox News is announcing in an
advertisement for the first
episode<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtBY2__J9t0>are the country
musician Toby Keith; John F. Welch Jr., the former chairman
of General Electric; and LL Cool J, the rapper and star of “NCIS: Los
Angeles.”

But LL Cool J wrote on Twitter<http://twitter.com/llcoolj/status/11339785126>:
“Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else & are
misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palins Show. WOW.”
He then re-sent the message nearly two dozen times to various followers in a
two-hour span.

Fox News has responded
here<http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/fox-news-will-cut-ll-cool-j-interview-from-palin-show/>.
Representatives for LL Cool J were not immediately available.