wow, security is a major issue...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:38:55 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Six Career-Killing Facebook Mistakes

Keith, about a year ago, I was posting in there about every other day,
primarily to keep up with some friends who'd been in another group with me,
when they revamped the place, touting its "security" for the world to see.

And then the attacks began.

One SF group I was in, run by a British friend of mine, was completely
*hijacked* by a troll. My friend was booted out of Facebook, unable to log back
in for three days (something Facebook is reportedly STILL trying to figure
out), complaining almost constantly to get back in. When the matter was finally
resolved, Facebook posted a notice saying, in so many words, "We had some
problems, but we *didn't* really have any problems. Everything's fine! Come on
back in!" In addition, I picked up a stalker there (woman who had the same name
as a cousin of mine, and looked a little like her -- the reason I friended
her).

That. as they say, was THAT.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

Why is that? You mentioned recently some issues with Facebook?