That happened to me about a month ago. One of the addon programs for mafia
wars was a virus and began spamming all of my friends on facebook. My
account was blocked for a couple of days because of it. I also received an
email about how they were investigating the problem.

Mafia wars encourages you to have as many friends as possible for the game,
so writing a malware program like that to spam everyone was pretty simple to
do. (what FB needs is a program registration system like Apple uses for the
iphone)