I think its because they wanted a "feel good" movie all the way through. I
dunno. In thinking back on the series, there is something that just doesn't
work on a lot of levels for me. There seems to be a general lack of caring
about the writing of movies like this. You can almost hear the voice of that
stereotyped movie exec chomping on a cigar while he takes a brilliant idea
and turns it into garbage.