From: "B Smith" <daikaij...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 4:22:48 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Columbia Valedictorian steals Patton Oswald's Star
Trek Routine

The sad thing is a remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still could have worked
because the original movie diverges from the source material in some
significant ways. They could have followed John Carpenter's example when he
redid The Thing. He went back to the original material and made his remake
stand on it's own.