I always referred to the Big N'Tasty as the "Big N'asty" burger.  I am shocked,
shocked I tell you, to find out that the Big N'asty burger was supposed to be
McDonald's answer to Burger King's Whopper.

~rave?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-06-30/business/ct-biz-0701-mcdonalds-20100630_1_fruit-and-walnut-salad-mcdonald-menu

McDonald's menu getting leaner

Restaurant to add oatmeal breakfast, eliminate 3 low-selling items

June 30, 2010|By Robert Channick

The expansive McDonald's menu is undergoing a makeover. Out will be some low
sellers; in will be leaner breakfast fare.

In a memo sent to franchisees, the Oak Brook-based chain signaled the impending
demise of the Big N' Tasty, Mac Snack Wraps and the fruit and walnut salad,
among other items. At the same time, McDonald's is gearing up for a planned
national rollout in January of an oatmeal breakfast, currently being
test-marketed.

The menu moves, particularly the new breakfast offering, could prove healthy
for customers' waistlines and McDonald's bottom line, according to Morningstar
restaurant analyst R.J. Hottovy.