From: "Keith Johnson" <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2010 7:39:31 PM
Subject: "Eureka" and "Haven" on SyFy Tonight

I've loved the commercials for "Eureka", such as the one showing the nerdy dude
as a Terminator, standing in the buff trying to look menacing, or the ones that
show Carter and companies in a 40s era noir setting. Not sure about "haven"
yet. Looks okay, but not sure what makes it so much better than shows they've
canceled early, like "The Dresden Files".

http://www.syfy.com/haven/about.php

Syfy's all-new one-hour drama series Haven , starring Emily Rose ( Jericho ,
Brothers and Sisters ) is based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned
author Stephen King. The series follows the shrewd and confident FBI agent
Audrey Parker (Rose) who has a lost past, and arrives in the small town of
Haven, Maine on a routine case. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in
the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a
longtime refuge for people that are affected by a range of supernatural
afflictions.

As the townspeople's dormant abilities begin to express themselves, Audrey
helps keep these forces at bay while discovering the many secrets of Haven —
including one surrounding her own surprising connections to this extraordinary
place.

The impressive creative team behind Haven includes showrunner Scott Shepherd (
Tru Calling , The Dead Zone ) who is joined by E1 Entertainment's John
Morayniss ( Hung , Copper ) Noreen Halpern ( Hung , Copper ), Laszlo Barna (
The Bridge ) and Michael Rosenberg ( Hung , The Riches ) as well as his
partners, Executive Producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller ( The Dead Zone ,
Wildfire , Greek ). The pilot was written by Sam Ernst ( The Dead Zone ) and
Jim Dunn ( The Dead Zone ) who will also serve as executive producers on the
series.