You can fill in ANY popular product in the place of "iPhone" in this piece. The iPhone 3G, Apple's most popular unit, is $99. It no doubt costs around $20 to make. The $300 prices are for people who are not AT&T customers, Wal-Mart's corporate headquarters are in Arkansas. Bentonville. I've been there. They have a NEW office in China, which makes sense, as it's their number one market. Their profits are something, but nothing compared to the oil companies. Not to say one form of exploitation is better than another.

Every time you fill your tank with oil refined in the United States, you lower your standard of living.