(It has been long whispered in the writing world that almost all best
selling authors use ghosts.

It is not a new practice, going back at least to Alexandre Dumas
pere, though it is stated that he at least wrote the final drafts
himself in his own handwriting.

When you get to the point where the author's name is bigger than the
title the author is selling the books.  This means it is a business
thang.

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> While surfing one night I came across one of those publishing
> phenomena that both amaze and confound me.  It concerns the author,
> V.C. Andrews, author of the 1979 best seller "Flowers in the
Attic."
> Cleo Virginia Andrews died in 1986, yet she has been more prolific
in
> death than she was in life.  Her estate hired a ghost writer,
Andrew
> Neiderman (which is noteworthy because Cleo Virginia wrote as a man
> and now Mr. Neiderman is writing as a woman - the first time,
> allegedly, a man has written as a woman), to write more stories to
be
> published under her name. I don't know what Mr. Neiderman's deal
with
> the estate is but he has been so prolific, he must be getting paid
by
> the word.  Since V.C. Andrews death, fifty-eight novels have been
> produced under her name with two more due this year.
>
> ~rave!
>
> --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I just ran across a proposal to write a novel on a work for hire
> > basis.  The money offered would be nice--nicer than any other
money
> > I've made writing--
> >
> > But visions of Siegel and Shuster and Jack Kirby and Stan Lee,
who
> > missed out on a fortune because they signed those work for hire
> > agreements, keep flashing through my head.
> >
> > As you know, you surrender all rights in return for the money.
So