(All we got to do is look at who is on the best seller list, who is
getting awards, who is getting published in the periodicals.

It is not about "affirmative action".  It is about his readers don't
want black characters no matter how good it is.

I have issued this challenge before.  If it is not about race, let
all sci fi writers for the next year write only stories featuring
black main characters.

They don't even have to talk look or act black--whatever that is.
Just describe them as black and use the same plots, situations and
dialogs they were going to use anyway.

I will not hold my breath.

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, Club Services
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If we are in denial nothing will change.  It is a question of
quality.  Yes, publisher want to make money and that rules out
affirmative action.  Your work has to be very good.  Period.  That is
the ticket.  I like affirmative action, but here this is different.
To publish, we can not expect people to buy lesser stuff.