One other note... word is Universal Pictures bought the rights to Jordan's
works and--in some kind of fantasy fraticidal match-up--there's talk of an
"Eye of the World" movie set for 2011, same time as "The Hobbit" sequel. Why
anyone would try to make a movie out of Jordan's epic (which spans 15 books)
is beyond me. Even if they decide to make it animated (which is rumored by
some), it's still waaaaay too much to put on a big screen. And given
Jordan's complexity and detail, going to be hard to merge/cut books. Not to
mention the screams of bloody murder that would arise from his fans.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117990464.html?categoryid=13&cs=1