I contend this argument, though factual, is disingenuous.  If we were
discussing Italian-American literature or German-American literature or
Irish-American literature the absurdity of including Central and South American
writers in that survey would be self-evident.

Let me reiterate that expanding the definition of what constitutes an
African-American writer harms rather than helps those writers of color who
write about the unique African-American experience.

If you are going to publish a pan-American book, call it what it is.

~(no)rave!