Hello,

  Today I dropped by the freenode channel, but no one was around at the
time, so I'm relaying my message here, thanks for reading :)

   I’m a math undergraduate who works as a python developer. I’m currently
between jobs, so I have one month worth of spare time and i was thinking
about learning ML and contributing to the project during that time
   I’ve peeked the issue tracker (the easy tag), but I might need some
guidance on where to start. I don't know much about ML yet - taking the
course on coursera, but wishing to contribute some code in the meantime

   Any suggestions regarding learning/contributing will be appreciated

   Thanks

   Ignacio