Hi Ignacio,

A good starting place is often working on the documentation. For example,
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/3084 is an attempt at
filling in a gap in the documentation, but it doesn't look like Raul is
going to complete the work any time soon. If you want to pull his branch,
finish responding to the comments (i.e. fixing up the changes), and create
a new PR out of it, that would be helpful.

A similarly stalled documentation change is
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/2529

Also in the space of cross-validation (which I figure is a fairly trivial
ML idea to understand), but working on code:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/2904 is mostly an issue
of rewriting the cross_validation module to have a different API. As
suggested by the discussion there, its design may not be trivial, but it
would be very valuable to see a first attempt at the rewrite.
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/1848 is similarly
mostly about moving things around, and it will help making a clean change
together with #2904. You should make sure you have read the contributing
guidelines and are familiar with the deprecation procedures for either of
these restructure tasks.

Is that along the lines of the sort of things you would like to start on?

Joel