+1 assuming we are careful about continuing to allow some frequently used positional arguments, even in __init__.

For instance,

n_components = 10
pca = PCA(n_components)

is still more readable, I think, than,

pca = PCA(n_components=n_components)

--
Roman

On 15/09/2019 00:21, Thomas J Fan wrote:
+1 from me

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 8:12 AM Joel Nothman <joel.noth...@gmail.com <mailto:joel.noth...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I am +1 for this change.

    I agree that users will accommodate the syntax sooner or later.

    On Fri., 13 Sep. 2019, 7:54 pm Jeremie du Boisberranger,
    <jeremie.du-boisberran...@inria.fr
    <mailto:jeremie.du-boisberran...@inria.fr>> wrote:

        I don't know what is the policy about a sklearn 1.0 w.r.t api
        changes.

        If it's meant to be a special release with possible api changes
        without deprecation cycles, I think this change is a good
        candidate for 1.0

        Otherwise I'm +1 and agree with Guillaume, people will get used
        to it by using it.

        Jérémie