Neil Hodgson wrote:
Another approach is to use an ftp filesystem such as lufs.

Quite valid one. I use ftpfs and it works from every tool, so no need to bind youself to KDE or Gnome.

   In the early days of SciTE there were strong feelings about
avoiding GNOME as it was a large set of extensions to install

This still holds true.

but now is included in most distributions

Well, not in Slackware for example.

SciTE could add GNOME features if they work well.

I hope not. If you run a Gnome dependent application in a non-Gnome environment, then the app. has to initialize the environment, and startup time gets long. Only for initial start, but still. I like the fact that SciTE is very, very quick to load, and it is one of most important features, IMHO. I'm sure Gnome users would be happy to see the integration, but the rest of us probably won't.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net


_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to