April White wrote:
This way all the options are there and it's
easy to add new options without touching
the interface. (A text showing the available
options at the bottom would be probably handy).
The dos editor TSE, built from Q (?) had that ability. I loved it.
Related to multi-line search, would it be possible to edit files in a
binary form or a hex form? I'm not sure if this would a change in
scintilla, a lexer, or a scite change. If such a thing is possible,
then the multi-line search would simply mean to include \n\r
I thought at a time to offer this (hex) view, but I dropped the idea. I
think a good hex editor will always be better than an half-baked
functionnality in SciTE.
For Windows, I would recommend:
HexEdit <www.catch22.uk.net>,
or
FrHEd <http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/~rkibria>
both coming with source.
They may not be the most featured but they are sufficient for my needs
and lightweight.
Note: for multiline searches, you can activate the "Transform backslash
expressions" option and search \r, \n or both.
Not as convenient as a multiline text area, but usable enough.
--
Philippe Lhoste
-- (near) Paris -- France
-- http://Phi.Lho.free.fr
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest