Christian/TucknDar wrote:
> Josh Endries said the following on 11.06.2005 13:27:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Christian/TucknDar wrote:
>>
>>> forgive my ignorance, but when exactly is this useful? I can't seem
>>> to find a use for this tool, but I'd be happy to hear some
>>> suggestions!
>>
>> Any application that can run an command to open files (attachments,
>> explorer-like, Mozilla, FTP clients, etc.) could benefit from this as
>> they wouldn't open another instance of SciTE. Maybe I haven't found
>> the config option but clicking on a text file in Explorer, or opening
>> it from any other program like WinSCP, never opens a new tab for me,
>> always another SciTE instance...
>
> always a new tab for me...

This is precisely why I find scitecmd useful: generally I don't want one 
instance only... but sometimes I do want an
application to open a tab rather than a new instance (an example is a perl 
script I run as a user tool which locates the
definition of the symbol under the cursor, then opens the source file 
containing that definition).

scitecmd gives the best of both worlds: the /option/ to open in a new tab when 
multiple instances are enabled.

> it's a setting somewhere in the properties
> (one instance only).

That's check.if.already.open

-- 
Lionel B


_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to