Howell, Andrew wrote:

Robert Roessler wrote:

No, I am not hallucinating... but it seems to be a *very* specific
problem: take (or create) a file with 2 lines (i.e., one EOL
sequence), data on the 1st line... select the 1st by holding shift
and cursor down - Del key, and exit ("X", Alt-F4, File-menu-Exit,
etc)... and you are out of SciTE with NO questions asked.

Reproduced on SciTE 1.64, WinXP SP2.

However, I can only make it not ask the question when I create the file with
2 lines, ie it was not saved anywhere.

I first noticed this on an EXISTING file.

Strictly speaking it is working OK:

With the created file, although an asterisk is in the tab to show me the
buffer has changed, the content is the same at time of exit as they were
before editing (ie completely empty.)

With a saved 2 line file, removing the first line and exiting throws the
confirmation dialogue.

With a build from CVS a couple of hours before the 1.65 release and following my earlier instructions, I definitely see this problem... note that my phrasing was unfortunate - when I said "take (or create)", I meant use a pre-existing file or to create one for this test - and *then* edit it. :)

Robert Roessler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.rftp.com