Hallo,

I played around discovering portforwarding on SSH connections.

So I tried to open scite on rachmaninov using x-server diplay on
localhost/redmagic - the display I'm looking at.

running (for some other reason as root):
------8<------------
redmagic ~ # ssh rachmaninov -l root -X -v
------8<------------

bringsup the remote console on rachmaninov and after starting scite:
------8<------------
rachmaninov pci # scite fm801.c
debug1: client_input_channel_open: ctype x11 rchan 2 win 65536 max 16384
debug1: client_request_x11: request from 127.0.0.1 39369
debug1: channel 1: new [x11]
debug1: confirm x11
The program 'scite' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 25989 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.) debug1: channel 1: FORCE input drain
debug1: channel 1: free: x11, nchannels 2
rachmaninov pci # env | grep -i DISPLAY
DISPLAY=localhost:10.0
rachmaninov pci #
------8<------------

while opening a menue in scite.

on both systems are uptodate gentoo-inux x86 with scite 1.66 (~x86),
X11, gnome... .

any hints? any questions? any solutions?

> rachmaninov pci # gedit fm801.c
works as expected.

ervin

--