On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:18:19 +0100, Philippe Lhoste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> No, unfortunately.
>>
>> Would be quite interesting to write such an animal.
>> (Or Kein-Hong Man? the master of lua scripting :) :) )
>
>I doubt it. I can be wrong, but I believe Lua doesn't have such fine
>control on buffers.
>I wrote something similar, never finished: a window displaying the list
>of open buffers, with various infos to allow sorting the list
>(extension, etc.). With the goal to allow closing buffers, reordering
>them, activating them (ListView so first letter should be OK), etc.
>Windows only, and I mostly stopped after the display of the list. :-(
>I might revive the project, as it seems recent versions of SciTE gives
>more control on buffers.
>I gave a screen shot and code in the past, in this mailing list.

Hello Philippe,

thank you for your answer.

So better to not even begin! :)

PS: If only one can extend SciTE with wxPython.
But then it would be better to use the styled text control
(the scintilla wrapper) directly as it happened in
good Editors like pype, boa, ulipad, spe, drpython, ...

I'm lucky with drpython, but I would like to have an easy
fast (C++) efficient editor like SciTe as a second choice, also
with some useful functions additionally.
--
Franz Steinhaeusler