From: mitchell
To: scite-interest
Sent: 2007-06-16, 11:20:03
Subject: [scite] Re: 1.74 test downloads

Hi,

> > You need to return 'true' in OnKey. When a key command is handled
> > successfully, OnKey should return 'true' so SciTE does not process it
> > any more.
>
> I'm afraid I do not quite understand the above statements. Does it mean
> that something has to be changed in keys.lua? I didn't touch anything
> beside changing SciTE.exe and SciLexer.DLL to the new version when I
> encounter the strange problem. If OnKey used to return 'true', it should
> still do so but it just doesn't.

Never mind. When Neil committed OnKey, he missed something. Instead of

   226 bool MultiplexExtension::OnKey(int keyval, int modifiers) {
   227 for (int i = 0; i < extensionCount; ++i)
   228 extensions[i]->OnKey(keyval, modifiers);
   229 return false;
   230 }

It has to be

   226 bool MultiplexExtension::OnKey(int keyval, int modifiers) {
   227 bool handled = false;
   228 for (int i = 0; i < extensionCount && !handled; ++i)
   229 if (extensions[i]->OnUserListSelection(listType, selection))
   230 handled = true;
   231 return handled;
   232 }

When I saw he had committed OnKey before I sent him my files, I assumed
he pulled the OnKey code from my repository, but it appears that was not
the case. Neil, please change this.

-Mitchell;