Alexander Kriegisch:

I use a debian'ish Linux (Elive) from within VMware Player 2 on a WinXP
host. VMware tools are installed and working, i.e. copy & paste to/from
the VM and the host system works as expected, with one notable
exception: I cannot copy any selected text directly out of SciTE's
window to my host system, while pasting something into SciTe from WinXP
works.

  There have been reports of copying from Scintilla/SciTE to other
applications (aterm IIRC) not working so there may be something that
could be fixed if anyone is sufficiently interested in debugging this.

  Neil