On 7/5/07, Chachereau Nicolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Neil Hodgson wrote:
>   Doesn't that remove the need for /tmp/SciTE.register?

Well, yes I guess so. If everybody's okay with that, we can remove it.

I'll vote for that; I was never happy with having yet another _named_
temp file which was only needed to bootstrap the process of
establishing a two-way link. This method is consistent with the
original spirit of the Director interface.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't sure of the right way either. Maybe a catch-all
else clause at the end of PerformOne that would call a platform specific
method that would handle any messages not handled by PerformOne? But
then that might create a tendency to create director messages different
for each platform, while we might want to keep those to a minimum.

It's a tricky one, this, I agree.

use SciTE as a single instance even without the director. If you want,
we could break backward compatibility and require SciTE to be compiled
without NO_FILER to be able to use check.if.already.open.

Can we imagine a situation where people can't or won't put in the
director interface?

steve d.