I would like to implement a search feature similar to the "go to definition" feature in many IDEs. Basically, what I have is an XML tag in an XML document (for example something like this)
<Structure
Angle="0"
EventList=""
Faction="Plyrfactionneutral/teamPlyrfactionneutral"
Health="100"
Team="Plyrfactionneutral"
ThingTemplate="ControlPoint"
id="ControlPoint">
<Position
x="2609.6"
y="2613.28"
z="0"/>
</Structure>

What I want is for the end user to be able to select, say, ThingTemplate="ControlPoint" and then select "go to definition" somehow (context menu option, hotkey, whatever makes most sense in SciTE). Then, code I will write searches for the relavent ThingTemplate (by parsing the XML files and looking for the relavent XML tag which has id="ControlPoint" in this case). In addition to the selected attribute, I also need to be able to access the entire contents of the currently open files

I know C++ and don't mind getting my hands dirty with the SciTE codebase :) But if I can do what I need with the LUA interface, thats fine too.

How hard would it be to add what I want to SciTE?