izak marais:

The first thing I'm unsure about is the extent of built in flash support in
the Linux version. Falsh(actionscript) is listed as a supported language for
scite. When I open a .as file I get correct syntax highlighting and code
folding, but there is no properties file and no language selection option
(even amongst the commented ones in the global properties file). I would
like to edit the compile and build commands to use a makefile, but since
there is no properties file, I don't know how to proceed.

  Flash is treated as JavaScript which is handled by the cpp lexer so
properties are in cpp.properties. You should always add your compile
and build commands to your user properties file rather than to the
language-specific file distributed with SciTE. That way you can
install new versions while retaining your customizations.

lexer.$(file.patterns.flash)=flash

in flash.properties and that there is no lexer named flash outside of
scite|flash. If I change this to

  I expect this lexer has been modified for scite|flash.

However, code I cant get auto completion and call tips working properly. If
I add "autocompleteword.automatic=1" to my sciteuser.properties I get auto
completion on keywords and functions the second time I use them in a file.
Is this normal?

  Yes.

Also  call tips are not functioning at all, in spite of the
inclusion of flash.api and the following lines in flash.properties

#######################
#    Load the Flash API
#######################
api.$(file.patterns.flash)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\flash.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\API.custom;API.flashcommClient;API.flashcommServer;
    autocomplete.flash.ignorecase=1

  The ignorecase line will be ignored because its using 'flash'
rather than cpp and for calltips it should say 'calltip' rather than
'autocomplete'. Check that the API file is working with Edit |
Complete Symbol. If not simplify your api setting to a single file and
check where SciTE thinks the api... property is pointing. You might
want to unindent the whole file as well - I don't know if everything
works indented.

  Neil