steve donovan:

> The patch involves changing the signature of ExtensionAPI::DoMenuCommand;
> in Extender.h around line 30, we then have
>    virtual void DoMenuCommand(const char *cmd)=0;

   The idea of a published extension interface is to give extension
writers a solid basis to work. Changing method signatures will make
existing extensions fail. I'd like people to think about this when
proposing additions to the extension interface: once its published in
a release we're stuck with it.

> in SciTEBase.h around 901 we have:
>    void DoMenuCommand(const char* cmd);

   I didn't want to do it this way since its less useful than having
the constants be available to Lua similar to the way that other
constants (such as SCI_SETZOOM) are made available. Doing this in the
same way as SCI_SETZOOM would add around 3K for strings (in
IFaceTable.cxx) that are already in the executable so I'd prefer a way
that avoids double storage of those strings.

   Neil