Jan Boehme:

> (scite:4552): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
> pango_layout_set_text()
>
> when I open SciTEGlobal.properties and scroll down to:
> chars.accented=ŠšŒœŸÿÀàÁáÂâÃãÄäÅåÆæÇçÈèÉéÊêËëÌìÍíÎîÏïÐðÑñÒòÓóÔôÕõÖØøÙùÚúÛûÜüÝýÞþßö

   This is a set of byte values and should not be interpreted as UTF-8.

   Scintilla should probably do something more sensible with invalid
UTF-8 rather than relying on Pango to fail nicely. However its
difficult to do anything sensible with invalid UTF-8 - I don't want to
prohibit the display of files that contain invalid UTF-8 since you may
be recovering a corrupted file.

Stanislav Maslovski:

# Try this:
#
# 1. convert properties files to utf-8 using iconv (or you can do it only
# with your user properties file).

   Don't do this to SciTEGlobal.properties as it will make
chars.accented useless.

   Neil