Thanks, Neil.

The link does not open, but in my local e-mail database I found the
thread "Single instance and Director Extension in SciTEGTK" of which I
assume that is is the one you are referring to. Thet thread is rather
lengthy and talks about the director interface which I do not use (and
really do not know about anything in particular, I just quickly looked
at the web site).

Is there some kind of quintessence or bottom line of this thread? Can I
simply make it work the way I like to? I.e. can I achieve the behaviour
that calling "scite myfile" from the shell will actually reliably
activate and front the already opened SciTE instance? Can I achive it
via configuration? Do I need a patch? If so, where can I find it?

I hope that somebody can answer these this simple questions by either
"no" or "yes" plus two or three sentences, as I do not want to steal
anybody's time.

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch