I'm going to make a quick release this weekend that supports the card
in/out insertion as Microsoft specifies.  It requires no threading.  The
function GetStatusChange just blocks until this event occurs using a
simple select statement and then the
function returns.  I'm currently checking card status every 1/4 second and
blocking until change occurs.

It is fairly simple for now but will have to be changed
in the future when multiple applications access the same resource manager.

Thanks
Dave

David Corcoran                 Internet Security/Smartcards

Home:                          Purdue University
2252 US Highway 52 West        Department of Computer Science
West Lafayette, IN 47906       CERIAS/COAST Laboratory
(765) 463-2455

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/corcordt
http://www.linuxnet.com