>The function GetStatusChange just blocks until this event occurs using a
>simple select statement and then the
>function returns.  I'm currently checking card status every 1/4 second and
>blocking until change occurs.

Is it possible to add an option to forward this "blocking call"
to the smartcard readers' driver?

I'm about to write a driver for the Intertex readers, and they can signal
a status change by sending two characters over the serial line.

I'm too new to this to tell the best implementation, but I guess a new (?)
CT-API command will do. (CT_Data() probably needs to be reentrant then.)

GetStatusChange() calls it:

  If supported, it waits for the reader and returns at status change.

  If "unknown command" is returned, there is no support from the reader,
  and you have to loop instead.

Or a new CT_GetStatusChange() maybe?  But this breaks backward compa-
tibility with all of the current drivers.

Thanks

Morten Norman

Looking for the best modem in the world?          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Judge for yourself, but don't miss our candidates.   http://www.intertex.se