Hello,

As of now - no real test application exists though it exists on my list of
things to do.  Basically you need to test the following:

CT_Init() Does it open the specified port ?
CT_Data() :

Put a Card in - does the CTBCS command return the correct card status ?

Remove the card - does it return the correct card status ?

Power Up - Does the CTBCS command for power up work ?

Reset the Card - Does it return a valid ATR.
( Here is where I have been laxed.  I always return an ATR no matter how
the Reset is called in the CTBCS.  There are several options you can
specify - some which don't send back the ATR.  I ignore this )

Send 3 types of commands using CT_Data():

Case 1: only 5 bytes, no return
Case 2: send 5 bytes plus more such as write Binary, Create, or Select.
Case 3: send 5 bytes which returns more than the 2 status bytes
( Read Binary )

Power Down - send the CTBCS for Power Down of the reader/card.

CT_close() - does it close the port ?

These are the basics.  If these work than my IFD_Handler wrapper for
CT-API will work.  The IFD_Handler will be changing a bit soon.  Currently
I keep track of the sharing there which is not good.  I've implemented a
Reader Factory which keeps track of sharing and will soon use Unix
authentication to keep track of user priveledges such as if user corcoran
verifies a CHV and then tries to use it at a later date that is OK.  If
user bob decides to use the reader shortly after user corcoran the reader
will be reset to not allow bob to have access to those same CHV's.  It
will be an abstracted layer so porting to the Macintosh won't be such a
pain.

I hope to make a new release towards the end of this week with a C style
API that is identical to Microsoft's.  I'm including it in the next email.

Thanks
Dave

David Corcoran                 Internet Security/Smartcards

Home:                          Purdue University
2252 US Highway 52 West        Department of Computer Science
West Lafayette, IN 47906       CERIAS/COAST Laboratory
Home: (765) 463-2455
Cell: (317) 514-4797

http://www.linuxnet.com