From: "michael.lehning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CTAPI Baud

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >      Hello,
> >
> >      I am trying to find in the CT-API protocol a way to change the
> >      baudrate between the PC and the smartcard reader. I need at least to
> >      be able to choose between two values for this baudrate (9600 and an
> >      other higher baudrate). If you have any idea of protocol (part of
> >      CT-API or not), thanks for your help.
> >
> >      Francois

Hello Francois,

if you use a Gemcore-based reader from Gemplus you can send the
"CONFIGURE SIO LINE"-Command to you reader.

This command sets the SIO line parity, Baud rate and number of bits per
character.

The serial port is reconfigured as soon as this command is executed. The response
is already returned with the newly specified parameters.

You must send  two Bytes:

First Bytes      0A(hex)
Second Byte:  <Configuration Byte>

in the following format:

Bit: 7-5: not used
Bit 4:  0 = no parity 1 = Even parity
Bit 3: 0 = 8 Bits per character  1 = 7 Bits per Character
2 to 0: Sets the baud rate (see table below)

Bits  Baud rate
000  RFU (not used)
001 76800
010 38400
011 19200
100 9600
101 4800
110 2400
111 1200

Example:

The two Bytes: 0Ahex 02hex will set the serial line parameter
to 38400 Baud, no parity, 8 bits per character

If you don't use the CT-API-protocol you have to embedded this command in
the TLP224 transport layer:

So, if you send the following (Raw-) Byte Sequence to you reader, the
parameter change will be executed.

(All Bytes in hex)
36 30 30 32 30 41 30 32 36 41  03

(this is as ASCII-character: 6 0 0 2 0 A 0 2 6 A Ctrl-C)

Best regards

Michael

Mentana GmbH
Dr. Michael Lehning