HI

Basicly what I need is a card on which I can put private and public keys. Also some
symmetric ciphers (not DES and IDEA (license fee), maybe 3DES). Next I need a
signature algorithm on it and the public key encrytion cipher (should not be RSA).
Well in most cases RSA is used as far as I know.

Are cyberflex (crypto) and GemXpresso available in Europe?

Thanks

JH

------------------
Hello.

> I am looking for a JavaCard which has a crypto engine on it. Could
> somebody recommend one?

It depends on your needs. I know three Java Cards with crypto module:
Cyberflex (Schlumberger), GemXpresso (Gemplus) and SmartCafe (G&D). Each
one has its features and its advantatges. What you need: high speed in
computation, large memory storage or rapid software development?

> How about cards without crypto?

There is another avaible cards (I know Odyssey from Bull), but it depends
on the need of crypto functions.

> Is it also possible to program JavaCards without the vendor specific
> development tool?

I think it's possible, but at nowadays it's difficult. I haven't found a
specific tool under Linux to work with Java Cards, yet.

Write you.

Jordi