Mahlzeit

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You are right. Siemens/ Infineon cards are hardly available. I just called
> Schlumberger and they said to me cards are only selled to banks and big
> companys which buy about >100 cards. So what do these people think??
They are hopefully one of the last with the only-banks-need-security
and security-by-obscurity attitude. Concord-Eracom Germany (Happy
honeymoon!) doesn't know the interface of the PCI DES cards developed
by Concord-Eracom Australia, and they sure won't tell anybody. They
say because of know-how, but how much know-how can be in the interface
of a DES card compared to a 3D graphics card?

> Where did you buy cards??
I made once the mistake ordering at the Schlumberger website.
Then I got newer Multiflex 8K and Cryptoflex cards including
documentation (I didn't even ask for it.) much cheaper here in
Germany, but they don't sell them anymore. They only sell now
dongles.

I bought also some Basiccards at Zeitcontrol.

Most of the other cards I got by I-know-someone-who-knows-someone... .
But these are only one or two.

And I "bought" (They didn't want any money yet.) a German signature law
card. One of the 300 cards they sold until August.

> Hopefully G&D will be better than others.
I have yet to hear somebody talking postive about them. I have only
heared things like "they can manufacture money and they should have
stayed with that".

> Actually I prefer Java Cards to BASIC cards.
I haven't looked at the Java Cards yet. I have none. But the price
of the Basic cards are the lowest I know, while the price of the
Java cards is the highest I know. Although carrying a 32bit computer
in your pocket is nice. :)

A possibility of geting Gemplus cards might be www.eps.no. I got
an answer for my first mail, stating, that they sell cards in single
quantities (without documentation) and have currently the MPCOS-EMV
in stock. But they didn't answer my second mail asking for price
and availablity of the other Gemplus cards.

Mahlzeit

endergone Zwiebeltuete