Hello,

I released pcsc-lite-0.7.8 today to fix a couple of problems and to support
SCardControl functionality all the way down to the IFD Handler 2.0 API.
This works by tunnelling through SCardTransmit which does all the
base/bounds checking and slot management.  Finally at the lower level it
makes it to IFDHControl.  This is useful for having client side libraries
for controlling biometric devices, pin pads, screens, etc.

You can connect to the reader without a card by setting the sharing mode to:
SCARD_SHARE_DIRECT.  I will release updated documentation soon to note
these changes.

I will now be releasing pcsc-lite about every 2 months or less because it
is pretty stable at this point and it makes version control much easier so
that we are all on the same track.  I will also keep the previous stable
release on the web site (0.7.5 right now)

Also, if you have an interesting project that you are using pcsc-lite
please contact me and tell me - I'm always interested to hear what people
are doing.

Best Regards,
Dave

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University
1008 Cherry Lane
West Lafayette, IN 47906
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
765 - 427 - 5147                                http://www.linuxnet.com